Time for another update about the upcoming WRC game from Black Bean (publisher) and Milestone (developer).
The picture above is the first official screenshot from the game. WRC 2010 (working title) is a new rally sim, planned to be released in 2010 on multiple platforms. The game will be published by Milan-based Black Bean Games and developed by Milestone, having obtained the official WRC license.
The game will be fully iOpener enabled; a technology that will allow you to race against real drivers within the sim. The winner of the virtual game will also be given an official trophy from the FIA at the same time the real-life WRC champion is crowned. It has been confirmed the game will include all the cars and tracks from the 2010 season, and live on-board camera footage can/will be integrated into the live game-play experience.
This is the new official press release:
London, 3rd February 2010 – Leading videogames publisher, Black Bean Games, announced today the first features of the official WRC videogame at the official WRC Season Launch in Paris. WRC is scheduled for release around the world in Autumn 2010 on PlayStation®3, Xbox360® videogame and entertainment system from Microsoft® and PC formats. It is currently under development at Milestone, Black Bean’s Milan-based in-house production studio, which has specialised in the motorsports simulation genre since 1996.
The main goal of the game is to bring the action of the World Rally Championship to the living rooms of both rallying and gaming fans. As a first step toward this goal, Black Bean is proud to deliver an overview of the main game features:
• The World of WRC. The official locations, the official cars, the official drivers and co-drivers. Everything is designed to give the player the sensation of taking part in the real championship as they race against their heroes.
• Huge career mode creates ultimate satisfaction when the player wins the championship after a long and challenging road to the top!
• Unique offline and online game modes
• 13 different locations around the world
• Realistic physics model
• Advanced car tuning that allows players to find the best settings for every single stage
• Breathtaking graphics for drivers, co-drivers, cars, tracks and environments
• Visually stunning car damage effects
• Full 3D cockpit and dashboards
• Much more to come…
This is just the beginning. Fans will soon be able to discover the full range of features. This new, exciting game promises to deliver all this and more, offering the most realistic virtual rallying experience ever.
There is also a “WRC 2010 Game Preview” video where Bechini and Giacomo Giannella (Art Director) speaks about the game. See the video below.
And then we wait for more news, videos and screenshots!
The other stories I have done about this game can be found by clicking here!